July 11, 2014

Fallout: Origins, Comic Series by Wasteland Angel


Finally, it is all done. This project took me about a week of a hard work. I hope you will like it as much as I liked making it. Also, I would like to give special thanks to my wife as this is the first time she got involved into the Fallout world ( not a fan.. :( ).


This comic is a prequel to a Fallout game series and it will show (through historical facts) how first dwellers from the Vault 15 have managed to form, through the years, such a big faction as it is the New California Republic. My choice was Fallout: New Vegas as a base for this project. It has more original setting for a prequel than Fallout 3. Next thing was to mod the game. I searched through Nexus and found that one crucial mod that will make all of the boundaries on the map to disappear. OWNB - Open World mod, a mod that unlocked a whole new and empty world for this project.

So, I've got this perfect empty world, and all I needed was, well, everything else. :) Then I started to mod the game myself, and spent three more days to bring all of the buildings, creatures, people, objects and other miscellaneous to that world. Then I spent a day while finding appropriate poses and shooting pictures for comic. I used Few Poses More NVedition mod for that. And then I spend three more days while processing all of the pictures into finished comic. I used Adobe Photoshop for this part.

This was just a piece of information for you, so you can get the picture about the whole thing done for this comic. This comic should get the most interesting part of Fallout history to you, and I really hope you'll find it funny, interesting and educational (as you might learn a few things about the history of the NCR). A history that is closely tied to Vault 15. Citation: Opened in Spring of 2121, a large portion of the overcrowded Vault's inhabitants emerge into the wastes, taking what technology they could from the Vault and leaving those that wished to stay behind. While many of these would band into raider tribes as the winter of 2121 came (marking the beginning of the Khans, Vipers, and Jackals), the remaining vault dwellers under the leadership of Aradesh's ancestor would establish Shady Sands in the spring of 2122. The settlement was jump-started using the G.E.C.K., allowing for adobe buildings from sandcrete and rudimentary agriculture to be set up. No one expected that the humble village would eventually culminate in the formation of the mighty New California Republic.

Thank you all for your interest in this, and please share your thoughts about comic so I can improve! For Fallout: Origins comic, follow link bellow:

FALLOUT: ORIGINS (part 1)


See also: Fallout: Diaspora - a fan movie series project by VTi.

Fallout 1, 2 Tactics, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4